A Dallas County teenager has died from a lung sickness related to vaping, in response to well being officers.
has not been named. Well being officers stated the teenager had a “persistent underlying medical situation.”
Dallas County Well being and Human Companies reported the loss of life Tuesday.
The newest case ends a 12 months that noticed 1000’s of circumstances of vaping-related lung sicknesses throughout the nation.
In Dallas County this 12 months, 53 individuals have been hospitalized with sicknesses related to e-cigarette use, well being officers stated.
DCHHS Director Philip Huang stated in a written assertion that reporting the teenager’s loss of life “is so tragic.”
RELATED: American Medical Affiliation requires whole ban on e-cigarette, vaping merchandise
The median age of these sufferers is 22 and 72% of the sufferers are male, in response to DCHHS.
Practically half of the circumstances have been sufferers beneath 21, in response to well being officers.
One of many sufferers is a youngster who began vaping one month in the past.
“We’re seeing that extreme lung harm, and even loss of life, can happen with simply brief time period use of those merchandise,” Huang stated in a press release.
There have been two deaths reported in Texas and 55 deaths reported throughout the nation, in response to Dallas County well being officers.
In Texas, the primary reported case of a lung sickness related to vaping was confirmed in August.
No single vaping system or liquid is related to the sicknesses.
RELATED: Vaping: A information for fogeys
Extra on WFAA:
(function () )();